“The child should live in an environment of beauty.” - Maria Montessori
Oh my goodness. Well, here we are. Hello!
This is where I will...once in a while...share ideas and musings about making your child's environment beautiful. You can expect to find topics such as:
- Birth Announcements for recent additions to the Montessoria product family.
- Ideas to plan and beautify school activities such as:
- Teacher or Staff Appreciation: I like to turn our school's event in to a wonderful, full-participation celebration. I'll share links, pictures and ideas. Fair warning: I go a bit...some would say...overboard. Ahem. <hair flip>
- Classroom crafts: I occasionally organize a ready-to-roll craft for the Elementary class to complete in 2-3 hours. These projects could include...
- a birthday craft project that replaces the tricky business of snacks in today's allergy-free classrooms
- a Christmas, Mother's Day or Father's Day gift for parents
- Valentine's gifts for members at a local assisted living facility
- an art project for an annual fund-raising campaign or auction
Some crafts are my own creation and some are curated from the web such as a blog or a Pinterest pin. I'll share links (with permission and credit), amazing ideas I found on the Montessoria Pinterest board, or I'll simply explain what we did complete with pictures. No matter which, they all be appropriate for a Montessori classroom or home project. Occasionally I will also have kits for sale: pre-packaged crafts your students can complete - for one or 30.
Again, welcome to Montessoria!
Have a lovely...